Not receiving text messages
SnowSurfNJ

Lately my text messages haven't all been coming through - primarily from non-Apple, possibly non-verizon users.  I don't receive unless I turn off and on my phone then i receive message sometimes from 2-5 days prior.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SnowSurfNJ,

Thanks, could you please update your device to the most recent software version. There has been an update to iOS 8.1. Please go to Settings>General>Software Update. Please test again and let us know your findings.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SnowSurfNJ, we don't want you to miss another text message! Did you recently switch to a new device? If so, did you previously have an android device? Which make/model phone do you have now?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
SnowSurfNJ

I upgraded my phone about a year ago from and iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5s. The issue happen most recently where I received a text from an android device and received only half of the message the first half did not come through.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SnowSurfNJ,

That is odd! What software version are on, on this phone? http://vz.to/1Fgxk9u

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
SnowSurfNJ

I am running IOS 8.1

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SnowSurfNJ,

Thanks, could you please update your device to the most recent software version. There has been an update to iOS 8.1. Please go to Settings>General>Software Update. Please test again and let us know your findings.

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes