Notes are disappearing!
aburrus08
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been several times now that my notes have just disappeared. Not all of them...just the most recent ones. I have been working on one in particular for several weeks now...and all of the sudden, today, it is gone! There were a couple other more newer notes that were also on there that have just disappeared! I have not deleted them. I was just working on some of the yesterday, and now they are GONE. Anyone have any idea what is happening??? I'm sick about this...I really needed that one in particular!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notes are disappearing!
aburrus08
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply! I just found out that if I log into my email account on an actual computer there is a folder called NOTES. I did that and saw the note that I was really really upset about losing. I even keep track of my mileage for work in notes and have lost those several times! I too haven't setup any syncing. I am thankful I was able to find them in my email, but definitely plan on switching to something different ASAP. I will look into Evernote! Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I had this problem three years ago with my iPhone 4.  The Apple store told me that it had to do with how the notes were syncing, which I had never set up.  I never found a solution to this problem with the native Notes app on the iPhone.  I switched to Evernote and haven't had any problems since then.

aburrus08
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply! I just found out that if I log into my email account on an actual computer there is a folder called NOTES. I did that and saw the note that I was really really upset about losing. I even keep track of my mileage for work in notes and have lost those several times! I too haven't setup any syncing. I am thankful I was able to find them in my email, but definitely plan on switching to something different ASAP. I will look into Evernote! Thanks!

0 Likes
Grandma_Patches
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has happened to me so frequently that now I email notes I am working on as I make updates, so I can cut and paste and add them back.

Today, I cannot type anything.  In notes, reminders, email, safari, facebook, every time I go to put the curser on a spot to type, or try to add another note, the phone jumps out of the file I am in and goes to the main desktop page.  It worked around 7 PM when I was checking something online while I was out, but when I was back home and tried to update one of the notes I update daily (I am keeping a log), this started happening.  It won't go to the typewriter keys (it flashes them for a second and then everything disappears and I am at home page again.  When I clicked the bottom middle button, a black screen with the white apple appeared but my icon page came back when I pressed it again.  I shut down and immediately opened again, thinking a reboot would help but it didn't.  I have it shut down for the night and tomorrow if same problem I will call Verizon.  Wednesday, I tried to check my calendar to see what day was best to schedule something, and none of the entries were there... not even the birthdays.  I use iPhone calendar as my main calendar and have all my appointments stored there.  That did come back about an hour later when I went to add an appointment.

I am hoping this new problem fixes itself with an overnight shutdown and morning reboot.  Wish me luck.

0 Likes
Grandma_Patches
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will check my email for notes.  Also I might try the other notes you mentioned.

0 Likes