Old data from prior phone
littletoot

We just upgraded to 4S from from a LG.  The sales woman said our phones were older than her oldest child!  The last time we upgraded was 2005.

Of course she was unable to transfer any of our data from the old phones to the new 4Ss.  Something about the wire to connect the phones no longer available.

Is there any way I can type in our Contacts into, say, an EXCEL spreadsheet and then upload to the new phones?

TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Old data from prior phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What was the exact model of the old phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

My old LG flip phone from 2006 didn't have an SD card or a USB cable, so I can see where you ran into a problem. I believe you can type your contacts into iCloud and sync to your phone that way. Go to the Apple site to learn how.

I use Android, so I do this through Gmail, but it seems like it would be a similar process. Or maybe someone here has another idea, so you don't have to do all that typing.

0 Likes
banzaibanana

Along those lines, does anyone know how to back up a calendar on a Blackberry so the data will transfer to our new iPhone 4S?

0 Likes
feranza66

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes