Our coverage is so poor in Northwest Minnesota, I was wondering if Verizon is supporting an enabled Wifi for calling on an iPhone 6?
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our coverage is so poor in Northwest Minnesota.  I was wondering if Verizon has enabled Wifi calling from the iphone 6 yet or if they ever will?

Labels (1)
Re: Our coverage is so poor in Northwest Minnesota, I was wondering if Verizon is supporting an enabled Wifi for calling on an iPhone 6?
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

there is a rumor that VZW will incorporate voice and video chat over wifi within the VZW messanger application. no idea when it will actually happen though.

Re: Our coverage is so poor in Northwest Minnesota, I was wondering if Verizon is supporting an enabled Wifi for calling on an iPhone 6?
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started talking to a support person from Verizon in August and then he all of a sudden disappeared.  I guest when I told him their map was lying he decided to cut me off at the knees.  The map shows full coverage in this area but that is so not true.  I noticed that the other companies were supporting enabling Wifi over your local network and was just wondering if Verizon ever thought of doing that.  I know the CEO came out and said their network is so good that we don't need Wifi but I'd like him to come to our down town and see how great his coverage is.

0 Likes
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you feel its worth the effort you can contact technical support for VZW at 866-221-4096. let them know your coverage map say's you have coverage but you are experiencing dropped calls and poor connection to the internet. it will take some convincing and some trouble shooting on your part but eventually they will send a tech out to your house to investigate the issue more thoroughly.

0 Likes
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much.  That's the course of action I will try.  Have a great day.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon is waiting for an exception from the FCC as a legacy provider for wifi calling.  Wifi calling doesn't work right with certain devices used for hearing impaired, and as a legacy wireline provider, Verizon cannot offer wifi calling without a exception from the law.  ATT was in same boat and just got waiver this past week.  Smaller carriers were always cellular and don't have this limitation. 

RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess what bothers me more than anything is the idea that they're advertising such great coverage where in fact the coverage is terrible. But, they still expect to be paid an exuberant amount of money each month for whatever service they provide. It's just disheartening to experience on a retirement check.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend
0 Likes
RonRuud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just an iPhone 6 and when I go to the app store I don't see a Message+ to download.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It's there searching for Verizon wireless

iphone 6 will work great

Try this

Message+ by Verizon Wireless

https://appsto.re/us/K7TcL.i

0 Likes