Over billing
Amanda64492
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a prepaid Verizon customer for 6 years and have never had a problem until today. My auto pay was taken out of my account twice today making it a total of $100.70 when my bill is normally $50.35 causing my bank account to be overdrawn, not only that when I called customer service they were extremely rude and on the second phone call I was even hung up on! I officially hate Verizon because not only are they not refunding my account but they are saying the payment failed on there end when I have a statement from the bank showing where it went through BOTH times!!! This is absolutely ridiculous and I am now considering switching to AT&T!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Over billing
Snn5
Legend

You should get your bank or credit provider involved if you believe the charge was erroneous. The bank can definitely see if you were charged twice and can work with Verizon to see that only one charge was applied.

0 Likes
Amanda64492
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've contacted the bank and they said that with it already gone through they can't really do anything, they said I would have to contact Verizon and they would have to issue a refund and if they don't then I can contact a different department and someone in the fraudulent claim department can get involved

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you sure you had no changes to the auto pay schedule?  How long ago was this?  Is it possible that one will be reverses or at least credited to the account for the next month?

0 Likes
Amanda64492
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happened this morning and Maxine, Cristy and Jessica from Verizon all said that it failed on there end but it went through on my banks end so idk what to do but this has to be fixed

0 Likes
Amanda64492
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I had no changes to the auto pay date or plan

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I might give it a day or two.  One might actually fall off.  Wait until both are either clear or show out of pending status.  Might take till 6AM tomorrow to know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amanda64492, we certainly don't want you to feel this way and we truly value your business here with us. We don't want to see you leave and I want to help you get this resolved. Please feel free to contact our Prepay department in regards to your balance by dialing 888-294-6804. I'm confident that they will be able to get this resolved for you.

GersonG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have to ask again:  Why does Verizon NOT support Prepaid customers on these forums?  Every time they are referred to a prepaid number instead of any plausible support.  Post paid customers would get at least a theory to help explain along with the customer service number.

Amanda64492
Enthusiast - Level 2

24 hours later and still nothing has been done. I'm officially done with Verizon wireless!