PLEASE BE ADVISED! I was charged 250.00 overage
splashsalon

PLEASE BE ADVISED! I was charged 250.00 overage use while trying to set up new iphones. There was confusion between charges via 611 (free verizon data help) ,800 verizon help(minutes billed to my account)and apple help 800-275-help( min. billed to my verizon account).

Verizon helped those who incurred data roaming charges while overseas !

I'm hoping Verizon will help me with charges  incurred while trying to set up the three iphones i bought.

PLEASE BE ADVISED! I was charged 250.00 overage use while trying to set up new iphones.

There was confusion between charges via 611 (free verizon data help) ,800 verizon help(minutes billed to my account)and apple help 800-275-help( min. billed to my verizon account).

If YOU REGISTER THE HELP NUMBER WITH VERIZON AS AN INCLUDED FRIENDS AND FAMILY NUMBER BEFORE YOU CALL,you won't incur the non retroactive charge that I did. If you dial 611 verizon help, there's no charge,if you dial Verizon's 800 number, you will be charged; therefore you might add that number to friends and family too.

Things always take longer than you hope: I am Very Tech Savvy, always use about half  my plans minutes allowance and didn't expect things to take forever, but the real surprise was when I was billed for it(I feel for the people who go overseas and don't turn off their data roaming)!

I bought a macbook pro at Christmas, a new iphone 4s in Jan., 2 other iphone 4's last August. I waited till icloud issues settled, then updated all my devices. switched  mobile me to icloud. I was warned this would take time. It took 600 minutes  WITH THE HELP support AT APPLE (which appeared as overage on my verizon family plan that cost me $250.00 extra- total bill $600.00, OUCH!)

USUALLY I take all devices to apple or Verizon stores and have the geniuses help me, but due to the holiday volume ( I walked in and then walked out-OMG!), I decided to use the phone geniuses.

After  pleading  with Verizon ,they reduced my fee. I now have the Apple help number listed as a number I can use without incurring minutes, however this could NOT be made retroactive to absorb the costs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PLEASE BE ADVISED! I was charged 250.00 overage
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello splashsalon! I'm very sorry to see that you were billed overage charges, and I want to thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of the VZW Community. I do want to expand on one of your statements. You mention that calls to *611 from your VZW phone are not billable, but that calls to our 800 number are (calls deduct from your allowance of minutes). I want to state that calls to our 800 number (specifically 800-922-0204) are not billable (do not deduct from your allowance of minutes) as long as they originate from within your home calling area (all 50 United States nationwide on all current price plans). If you are certain that you were billed minutes of use for calls to 800-922-0204, please let me know. I will be happy to review your bill for accuracy. Thanks again!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE BE ADVISED! I was charged 250.00 overage
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello splashsalon! I'm very sorry to see that you were billed overage charges, and I want to thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of the VZW Community. I do want to expand on one of your statements. You mention that calls to *611 from your VZW phone are not billable, but that calls to our 800 number are (calls deduct from your allowance of minutes). I want to state that calls to our 800 number (specifically 800-922-0204) are not billable (do not deduct from your allowance of minutes) as long as they originate from within your home calling area (all 50 United States nationwide on all current price plans). If you are certain that you were billed minutes of use for calls to 800-922-0204, please let me know. I will be happy to review your bill for accuracy. Thanks again!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes