Hi there, I purchased a iPhone 5s (upgrading from the 4s) a few weeks back in early November. This phone failed to meet my expectations and I found it not at all that different from my previous 4s. I am past my 14 day worry free return policy, I do not want to trade in the phone and still be stuck with the new 2 year contract. At this point, all I want is to go back to my 4s and cancel the new contract but am dreading an early termination fee. Is there any way around this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you purchased the phone prior to 11/28 (the start of the extended Holiday return period), then the 14-day worry-free return policy applies. You could switch back to your 4s, but you'll still be under the new two-year contract. You could try selling the 5s to help off-set the ETF if you decide to cancel the contract. Or you could sell the 5s, keep the contract as-is, and just know that any upgrades until your contract is up won't be subsidized (i.e., you'll have to pay full retail price, buy a used phone, or borrow a phone from a friend).