Personal hotspot
Lyndsayandtim

I recently set up my iphone 4 with my Ipad 2 wifi as a personal hotspot. I just went into the settings and turned it on. I had no problems. Will a tethering charge just show up on my Verizon bill?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Personal hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlimited data plan with the iPhone 4 requires the hotspot feature be added to the line at $20 per month for 2 GB of hotspot data.

A individual tiered data plan should be changed to a tiered plan that includes an additional 2 GB of hotspot data for additional cost. For example the standard 2 GB plan is $30 per month. The first tiered data with hotspot data is 4 GB (2 GB phone data + 2 GB hotspot data) for $50 per month.

The Share Everything plan data shared with all the lines on the account and includes mobile hotspot data as a part of the package.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on the data plan you have. Unlimited? Tiered? Share Everything?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lyndsayandtim

Please explain each. I will have to find out what our company has.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlimited data plan with the iPhone 4 requires the hotspot feature be added to the line at $20 per month for 2 GB of hotspot data.

A individual tiered data plan should be changed to a tiered plan that includes an additional 2 GB of hotspot data for additional cost. For example the standard 2 GB plan is $30 per month. The first tiered data with hotspot data is 4 GB (2 GB phone data + 2 GB hotspot data) for $50 per month.

The Share Everything plan data shared with all the lines on the account and includes mobile hotspot data as a part of the package.

Lyndsayandtim

Thank you very much.

0 Likes