Phone Swap with New iPhone
johnsi776
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has an iPhone 6S Plus and I have an iPhone 7. I’ve ordered a refurbished iPhone X to be used with my phone number but ordered the iPhone X with the iPhone 6S as a trade-in. My wife will use the iPhone 7 as her phone with her phone number. Both iPhones have been backed up with iTunes. My question is the process to do the swap and activation and restore settings, apps and data that we currently have. Both phones are paid for.

My thought is to activate the iPhone X with her number and then do a phone swap. I then do a Reset “Erase All Content and Settings” on the iPhone 7 and then restore my wife’s iTunes backup to the iPhone 7. I would restore my iTunes backup to the IPhone X. My concern is does “Erase All Content and Settings” have any effect on the Verizon network phone settings? Or is there a simpler way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Swap with New iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on getting a new iPhone X, Johnsi776. We want to make sure that being able to move the devices around is as easy as possible. It's good to know that both your phone and your wife's phone is backed up. I want to provide you with an easy way of doing the activation.

Even though you upgraded to the iPhone X on your wife's line, once you receive the device, you can always activate it on your line. It does not have to be activated on her number first. This would be less work for you on your end. You can always activate the device by following the steps on this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209087/.

When you complete an "Erase All Content and Settings," that will wipe the phone clean (like it's coming out of the box for the first time). Does this help? 

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
johnsi776
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I activate the iPhone X on my line, do I do an "Erase All Content and Settings" on the IPhone 7 and activate it on her line?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all the details to activate the device is very important, johnsi776.  Yes, you would want to Erase all content and settings from the iPhone 7 device before you activate it on your wife’s line as that will erase all of your personal data.  You want to make sure that all of your data is already on your iPhone X before you do so.  Once the device is erased, you will want to place her current SIM card into the iPhone 7 as the SIM card is what has your wife’s phone number programmed in it and what makes the phone work with the number. 

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes