Phone dims itself on its own and facetime has been acting up
r_tim86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Phone DIMMING on its own ----

I have only had the iPhone 5 for about 2 weeks and this has happened to me twice already. The screen will start dimming on its own, while I'm using it and even if it's on lock screen, even when I put in my pw and the screen unlocks it's still dim. So then I'd manually lock the screen by clicking the power button on top and then it will be ok again. Though this has happened to be twice already in the past 2 weeks.

Facetime Acting Up ----

I've had people try facetiming me a few times and it continues to tell them that I am unavailable. I would literally take my sister's iPhone, my Mom's iPhone, my Fiance's iPhone to facetime me and all would say that I'm unavailable. I'd go to my settings and would have to turn on/off my facetime for it to work again.

What is going on and should I bring this defected device into Verizon? Please help! Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone dims itself on its own and facetime has been acting up
Not applicable

go into settings and increase the screen brightness manually.

also in setting set Auto-Lock to "Never" allows the screen to stay on until you turn it off manually.

0 Likes
Re: Phone dims itself on its own and facetime has been acting up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi r.tim86 -

I want to make sure you can enjoy that awesome new iPhone 5. It sounds like the backlight dimming by itself may be caused by the auto-brightness setting on the phone. Is it just going dim or going completely black? There is a small sensor on the front of the device that can sometimes be covered by a case or even your finger, and will cause the phone to dim. You can turn this function off by following these steps: http://vz.to/Y6RyBg

With the Facetime trouble, there are some fabulous steps for troubleshooting available directly through Apple at http://vz.to/Y6RyBg.

If you continue to have trouble with your new device and you're within the first 14 days, please bring the device back to the place of purchase.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes