Phone muting for texts
Sweetpea76

Since the new iOS update after being on the Internet/Facebook my text messaging will mute itself and the only way to get sound back is to restart phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone muting for texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No sound is no good Sweetpea76! I'd probably never see my messages if they didn't alert me. Let's make sure we get yours working all the time for you. Which iPhone do you have? Have you checked to make sure all your apps are up to date? Do you still get the notification icon about a new message?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sweetpea76

Yes I'm getting the little icon alert but no sound if I turn the phone off and turn it back on it starts to work I have an iPhone 6

0 Likes
Sweetpea76

All apps are up to date

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look and see what's going on, Sweetpea76. Is this happening with just text messages or iMessages as well?
DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sweetpea76

It happens with both

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that information, Sweetpea76. We do want to get this resolved for you. May I have you try one minor reset? I'd like you to do Reset Network Settings: http://vz.to/1PFt1rK Please keep us posted if you notice a difference.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes