Phone suddently shut down on me, can't charge, can't turn on or off. Worked fine all day.
Certified11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone suddently shut down on me, can't charge, can't turn on or off.  Worked fine all day.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone suddently shut down on me, can't charge, can't turn on or off. Worked fine all day.
Certified11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told to hold the power key and the home button for 45 secs.

Mine powered back on. Give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

Re: Phone suddently shut down on me, can't charge, can't turn on or off.  Worked fine all day.
India07

This happened to me around the same time you posted this! My phone has yet to turn back on will not charge or reset.

0 Likes
Re: Phone suddently shut down on me, can't charge, can't turn on or off. Worked fine all day.
Certified11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told to hold the power key and the home button for 45 secs.

Mine powered back on. Give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone

PAD0709
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing just happen to me. I used your suggestion. And it worked. Thanks.

0 Likes
Certified11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Jacky1950
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did the above with home/power key..it came back on...thank you thank you Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Certified11
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

Holding the power button and home key until the apple symbol appears on the screen seems to reactivate the phone. 

0 Likes
DevineMsM

This has happened to me twice now within about a month or so. I'm a "hit any key" type of person, so I stumbled across the fix. However, my question is will this likely continue and is it time for a new phone? I'm eligible for an upgrade but, other than this issue, have no reason to upgrade. I like what I have. If I do upgrade, will likely go with the 5/5S. I guess, in short, the question is does this mean the 4 is dying?

0 Likes