Picture messages billing on facebook...grrr!!!
jungleton12

So I do not have an unlimited text plan (dont ask why). I haven't send too many picture messages directly to anyone but have posted relatively decent amount on facebook. I got ringed up for 100 bucks on picture/video messaging alone. I just to want confirm whether posting pictures on facebook counts as picture messaging? I just deactivated my cell number from facebook because of this.

Also how about instagram? uploading pictures through there count as picture messaging? My friend told me no but I want to make sure. And is posting instagram picture on facebook via cell considered picture messaging?

Sorry for the annoying questions but if anyone can answer them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Picture messages billing on facebook...grrr!!!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I have an unlimited text plan so I may be a little out of touch with this, but it is my understanding that it would not count as text messaging UNLESS you are using the MMS upload feature (which sounds like may be the case). If you are uploading via an app (such as the iPhone FaceBook app that you download from the app store for free) then you aren't using the MMS feature. If you aren't using the app then you may want to do so from now on. Same with Instagram and any other site you are using that allows you to upload images. The official apps for those sites are free...and if you use a site that does not currently offer an app for your device then you may want to wait until you can load your pics to a computer and then upload to those sites to avoid using the MMS/SMS upload method.

0 Likes