Potential Spam identified on Verizon Call Filter (Free) does not go to Voicemail and Rings Through
donbeacon

The Free Version of the Call Filter is set to block All Spam.  Calls are identified as Potential Spam but they do not go to Voicemail which the App says will happen.  They continue to ring.  These are not calls that are already blocked by specific number in the App or directly in the iPhone Phone App--but they are identified at least as poitential spam.   What am I missing?  Is Potential Spam just identified but not blocked?  If so, this filter is relatively useless given the number of phone numbers that spammers can fake.  All software on the phone (which is actually an iPhone 6S) is up to date and I am running the latest version of the Call Filter. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Potential Spam identified on Verizon Call Filter (Free) does not go to Voicemail and Rings Through
kkeller1218
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any feedback from Verizon?  Why does Verizon mark the caller as "Potential Spam" and NOT automatically send to VoiceMail?   I still get interrupted because of the call but I can no longer make any educated decisions because the caller id is blocked.  So my only course of action is to deny the call which Verizon could/should have done to begin with.  What gives?

Re: Potential Spam identified on Verizon Call Filter (Free) does not go to Voicemail and Rings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those calls are annoying to me too. I'm happy Verizon has different options to combat those calls. Here is a link that'll help. https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ - Vanetris

0 Likes