Problems with iphone
quakerboy74

I bought the iphone 5c this past weekend. I have noticed that while being on a voice call, I dont recieve any text messages. They come in after the call is ended. Also my email does the same thing.i recieve a lot of info in these two fashions plus make a lot of calls pertaining to my business. Also, I cant seem to get on the internet while on a call. Is this an iphone issue or something I have set wrong on my iphone? I am really liking the phone but I may have to be eswitching if I cant do this. Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you quakerboy74!

I definitely want you to be happy with your new iPhone 5c! As mentioned by our community 4G Apple devices can only complete simultaneous voice and data when connected to Wifi. This would include iMessages, Emails and Internet Access. You would be able to complete standard SMS while on a phone call however. If having simultaneous voice and data is an important feature to you our other 4G LTE devices can do so. Please know in order to exchange your phone you must be within 14 days of purchase and will incur a one time $35 restocking fee. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Noverator
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon uses CDMA. CDMA doesn't support data and voice at the same time. But its not that simple. With 4G LTE, some phones on Verizon can do both simultaneously. Not Apple phones though, unless you use wifi.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/iphone-5-calls-data/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you quakerboy74!

I definitely want you to be happy with your new iPhone 5c! As mentioned by our community 4G Apple devices can only complete simultaneous voice and data when connected to Wifi. This would include iMessages, Emails and Internet Access. You would be able to complete standard SMS while on a phone call however. If having simultaneous voice and data is an important feature to you our other 4G LTE devices can do so. Please know in order to exchange your phone you must be within 14 days of purchase and will incur a one time $35 restocking fee. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes