Push notifications not working
Chantae

I just got the iphone5 about two weeks ago. I have four different e-mail accounts set up in the standard "mail" application. My mail will not notify me when I receive an e-mail, UNTIL I go into the app and actually refresh it, then I will receive eight or so in a row. This is the same with my Facebook app as well. The only one that really bothers me is the mail, I use it for work, school and personal and need it to push through. I have worked in the cell phone industry for awhile now and I am good with technology. My notification settings are set to what they should be in order for notifications to push through. I hope that this is an issue with IOS6 and an update will be pushed through soon to fix it. My WiFi will not connect as well. I know that this was a known issue and that they are working on it and sent an update to fix that, but mine seems to still be having issues. Such as, not staying connected, remembering the passwords, or just not connecting at all. As I stated before, hopefully Apple pushes an update real soon to fix bugs that are out there. I went from an Android to Apple because they have always proven to have legit products and not as many bugs and warranty replacements involved. Although with the way it is running I am almost already wanting to go back to Android.

Will this be fixed ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Push notifications not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Chantae!

The iPhone 5 is such a lovely phone and I definitely want to ensure all of the important features are working for you! As you mentioned, it's pretty important to get email notifications on time and I'm sorry you've come across these difficulties! I will be delighted to provide some suggestions.

How are your other data connections working? You can get on the browser with no problem over 4G/3G?

Try Resetting All Settings: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=64524

This won't erase any of your information, but just incase something glitched, hopefully it will push it out!

Keep me posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Chantae

Thank you for your response I really appreciate it. Actually I've already done a factory reset a few times and have also reset my network settings as well.

Getting online as not been an issue from what I have seen this far. Although my notifications specifically will not push through. This is an issue for me where I  continuously checking my email for work and school throughout the day.

Other then this issue, the only other one that I  am aware of is the google maps not working. Although I have read forums and hope that this big will be fixed as well. As for the notifications, do you recommend I do a replacement?

Thank you,

Chantae (last name & phone # has been removed to comply with )

Message was edited by: Verizon  Moderator (M)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I think I may have another option available before we replace your phone, Chantae! I want to ensure that you have your email accounts setup to push your email automatically. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts,Calendars>Fetch New Data>Select 15, 30 or Hourly. This will schedule how often your accounts are checked for new mail. Please let me know if this resolves your concerns. ^CM

0 Likes
t_4

I have had the same problem with Exchange mail not pushing AND iMessages intermittently just not working. There are other threads on other boards where this is happening. I had the phone replaced by Apple and have done complete reboots from backups and new on both phones and it is STILL doing it.

I saw today there was a carrier update, which I hope addresses the problem.

0 Likes
escobce

I am experiencing the same problems with the Exchange server Emails. I am not getting notification on any of my incoming Emails. I have reset the phone and changed the setting many times and the problem is still there. I have compared the setting with people in my office that have iPhone 4S. (All the users of iPhone 4 the notification and push EMail is working fine).  Two people in my office changed phone and now have iPhone 5 and the problem is the same on their phones. I think this is something related to the iPhone5. Can you please help?

0 Likes
HokusPokus

I was having the same issue and followed the advice that I observed on an Apple Blog.  Now my phone is pushing my corporate emails (they are hitting my I-phone 5 before my outlook on my laptop!!!

Here is the thread that I used!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4345374?start=0&tstart=0

Good Luck!

0 Likes
Deterleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was receiving Push notifications for my Exchange email but not my Yahoo accounts.... This is what I had to do

Settings

Mail, contacts, calendar

Fetch New data

Advanced

Choose the email account you are having issues with

My yahoo was set to manual so I changed it to push and if push is not available through that email provider it will use the fetch schedule which can be set on the "Fetch New Data" screen (mine was set to manually there also. I changed to Hourly)

0 Likes