Question about the Weather Widget
africanhut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, I have had my phone for a few months now and all is going well. However there is one question I have about the weather widget that is on the first screen of the phone. Is that icon supposed to show the current temperature or does it just stay at one temp. Mine has been at 73 since I got the phone and never changes. The calender widget changes daily and I was figuring that the weather widget would show the outside temp. It does show the correct temp and conditions when I open it. If it is supposed to show me the temperature without having to open it, how do you set it up to do so?? I have tried everything in <<settings>> and in the app itself and cannot make it change from that darn 73. Maybe I am trying in vain and it just will always say 73 (but I figured that Apple would have a way to see the temp without having to open the app. If anyone can help me here, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to an answer and thanks in advance.          Mike

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Question about the Weather Widget
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Make sure your mobile data is on, it's going to pull weather service data to get the current temp.

0 Likes
Re: Question about the Weather Widget
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The icon for the weather app (it's technically not a live widget) always shows that temp. It is not a live widget so it doesn't change. To the best of my knowledge that is the way it has always been. You might be able to find a different weather app that works the way that you like. I use the Weather Channels app but it doesn't show the temp on the icon either. I just prefer that one to the stock weather app.

0 Likes