Questions on international roaming
dgetkin
I am in Bonaire. Before I left home I disabled both data & cell roaming. I'am now just realizing that my location button was in the on position. I am hoping that I was not being charged because of this. I have stuck to using wifi only otherwise. Can anyone give any info. Also what about the apps on the iPhone am I getting charged roaming even if I am not using them?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Questions on international roaming
dgetkin
Please Someone Help Me and answer my question
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I don't have a confirmed answer to your question, but you might get a quicker answer by contacting VZW directly. You can find the global customer service number on the site (it is my understanding that you can call that number collect so if you have access to a landline phone then you should try calling it). I think this subject has been discussed in a past thread...you can try a search on here to see if you find anything that addresses your issue. Otherwise, hopefully someone that knows for sure will be able to answer you soon.

0 Likes
dgetkin
Don't have land line available. If anyone has any answers I would appreciate
0 Likes
Not applicable

Dgetkin, I understand your need to verify no data charges will show up on your account. International roaming charges can quickly add up. Your phone needs to use data to connect to satellites or towers for GPS. As long as your data roaming was turned off, you should not incur any data charges for GPS or applications. I would also recommend that if you are not going to use your phone at all there, to turn on airplane mode. While in another country, you will receive alerts when you first get there if your phone is using cellular networks & again if you have usage over $25.  

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Can u roam international when ur phone isent global?
0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

dgetkin

I may need a little more information from you in order to answer your question. The only way to know whether or not you were charged would be for me to access your account. It's difficult to say whether or not you have been billed and how long the phone was not in WiFi mode.

Feel free to PM me and I can look into it for you.

0 Likes