Random iPhone 5 Reboot
JenMarkfort

I have had my iPhone since October and I have had no problems, until this last week.  It started with the phone not showing the correct battery percentage, it would be fully charged but only show a small percentage.  I would reboot it and then it would show correctly.  Then yesterday it started rebooting very often on its own.  It would reboot when it was just sitting on the table, when I was on a call, when I was checking e-mail.  No matter what was happening it just kept rebooting.  This morning I haven't been able to do anything with it.  I can turn it on and as soon as I touch the screen to do something it goes dim and has vertical lines and then reboots.  I have removed any new apps that I have installed and that is not working.  I am nervous that I need a new phone.  Has anyone had this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random iPhone 5 Reboot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JenMarkfort,

I can see how frustrating this must be for you and I'm here to help! Having a working phone is definitely very important so let's take a look at what's going on!

Has there been any physical or liquid damage on the phone? What software version are you running?

If you have removed all 3rd party apps and are still having this issue you may need to perform a hard reset http://vz.to/10QtEFW.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes