Really backordered until 10/31?
jlat96
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family ordered 2 iPhone 6 Plus 16GB silvers, an iPhone 6 16GB silver and an iPhone 6 64GB Space Gray on Tuesday September 30th and our order conformation reads "expected ship date: 10/31/2014". I know that the demand for the new iPhone is extremely high, but at the time of our order, the representative told us that our shipping date was the 24th of October. Have they been pushing back ship dates? And is is possible that the phones could ship earlier than the 31st?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Really backordered until 10/31?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlat96,

Ordering a new device can be very exciting and we understand wanting to be able to get your hand on the iPhone 6 devices as soon as possible. The phones are certainly high demand and we have seen the shipping dates change with regards to when certain devices will be available. We have seen however where some devices are shipping a bit earlier than what was originally communicated after the order was placed. If we are able to get the device out to you sooner, you will be notified via the email addressed used in the order on when to expect it. We know waiting for this device is tough but we are working on trying to get them out as soon as they are available. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlat96,

Ordering a new device can be very exciting and we understand wanting to be able to get your hand on the iPhone 6 devices as soon as possible. The phones are certainly high demand and we have seen the shipping dates change with regards to when certain devices will be available. We have seen however where some devices are shipping a bit earlier than what was originally communicated after the order was placed. If we are able to get the device out to you sooner, you will be notified via the email addressed used in the order on when to expect it. We know waiting for this device is tough but we are working on trying to get them out as soon as they are available. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kjszyman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wouldn't panic I ordered 9/18 and have a ship date of 10/24 and still waiting.

jlat96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that I think about it, when my father and I went to the Verizon store to order our phones, I believe that the sales rep. did not associate an email account with our order, and no conformation was received. The only information related to keeping track of our order was the order tracking number at the top of the receipt, which supplies very little information on the actual status of our order (such as the models ordered or the backorder dates for each individual phone). Is it possible that the rep did use an email address and we haven't received the conformation yet? The lack of conformation makes me nervous that our order was not processed correctly

0 Likes
Dogsmeow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ordered space grey iphone 6 and had ship date of 10/31.  I just checked and they shipped my phone today and I will have it on Monday.

0 Likes
fearhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel, so hang in there. Ordered mine on Sept. 15th and it will be here Monday. It looks like they have received a new stock and are getting them out to customers. I would be surprised if you have to wait that long.

0 Likes
disrupttheparadigm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some of you here are lucky..I ordered the 6 plus 64GB on 9/16....and no update, no credit card charge, no new email...sigh...the wait continues...

0 Likes