Receiving multiple copies of text messages
Kashume42

i have an iPhone 6 plus and have been receiving multiple copies of the same text message (up to 4x) from various contacts across various carriers. This has been an issue throughout having an iPhone 5s and 6 plus, and only occurs with regular messages, not iMessage. It also does not occur for automated text messages sent to me (e.g. Redbox). While I have unlimited messages it is frustrating because they are sent to me multiple times, and not necessarily in the same order each time. It is also inconsistent. I might get a single copy of one text and four of another. I have reset the phone, changed phones, and every other thing possible. This seems to be an issue not on my end. Assistance would be much appreciate.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving multiple copies of text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kashume42, eeks. I can see how that can become frustrating. Let's make sure we get your messages back on the right path. have you been able to go through the settings on the phone and reset the network settings and re-test. You can do that by going into Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Kashume42

Yes, it still happens after that. It ha sharpened with two separate phones now.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Kashume42

*it has happened

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
we certainly want to work further to stop this nuisance, Kashume42! Have you used the same SIM card in each device? What is your current iOS version found via Settings>General>About>Version?

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Kashume42

Different SIM cards. I have recently updated to iOS 8.3. This also occurred with iOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Great information Kashume42! Let's make sure that your messaging application is not the culprit. Please download and install Verizon Messages http://bit.ly/1mTrHaQ from the App store. Make it your default messaging application and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
0 Likes
Kashume42

Yeah, that's not happening. Seriously. Two phones, two iOS, same issue. Doubt it's iMessage seeing as thousands upon thousands of people use the exact same program with zero issues. It's not my phone.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes