Reception
Andrew0120

Is there a way to create better reception in an area. The map states that I should have full 4g service but inside my home I have 1 bar and outside I only get 1x service. No 4g despite the map stating that I should. Is there a way for Verizon to check/boost the service in my immediate area? I live in 10956 and have an iPhone 6.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking  on that for us, Andrew0120. I’m glad you have been keeping up on the updates. We’ve had our eyes on some improvements in the 10956 area recently, especially since the service can vary throughout the large area. We do have a Network Extender www.vzw.com/networkextender that provides a boost at your home of the 1x and 3G signals to help with the calls and basic messaging in the meantime. You can also use Verizon Messages www.vzw.com/verizonmessages to send and receive messages through a WiFi connection when available.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andrew0120 I want you to have the best service possible in your area. Lets look into this together to make things better. While service indoors can be a challenge from time to time, has it always been this way in your home in this location? Are you noticing the impact is more so at certain times of day or days of the week?

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
Andrew0120

Hi. Thank you for your response. It has always been this way. I understand being indoors, but it should work outside as 4g and it does not all day long. I only get 1x service. My wife has an iPhone 5s and hers only register 1x outside as well.

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets keep digging to get to the bottom of this. Andrew0120 is this primarily impacting data? Or are calls & texts also effected. Have you reset your network settings since this began?

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
Andrew0120

It impacts both. Occasionally I'll get a voice mail when my phone never rang and I can't sent Text messages. Data otherwise runs through wifi.

Yes, I have reset network setting multiple times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andrew0120 - Missing calls and not being able to text is a pain we do not want you to go through. How far must you travel before you get a reliable connection?
JacobVVVVZWVV_VZW Any others experiencing the same?
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Andrew0120

Once I get in my car. It usually improved to 3G within a 1/5 mile but LTE is still very spotty. My wife with Verizon has the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andrew0120, we want nothing but the best for you with our 4G service. This is a really we covered area with no reported outages. What software version are you running on both devices? Go to settings>general>about.  Please provide the version number.

AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Andrew0120

Version 9.1 on both phones.

0 Likes
Andrew0120

I have IOS 9.1 on both phones. Is there a way to boost the service from

the closest tower to my house?

0 Likes