Recovering deleted text messages
1peter34girl

I accidentally deleted a text message conversation and I need the phone number of that person so I can get back to them. Is there a way to find those messages or at least that persons number on my phone? I have an iPhone 6s

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1peter34girl, we understand that accidents do happen. Did you ever back up these text messages at a 3rd party application? If not, I apologize. You will be unable to retrieve text messages that have been manually deleted on that phone.

LVZWnaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Recovering deleted text messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this is a pre-paid account, then you may be out of luck.  But, if you are on a regular plan or family share plan, you can log in with your number or the account owner's number and see the detailed message history for the last 90 days or 3 billing cycles.

It's a;lot of numbers to go through, especially if you text a lot, but you can narrow it down by eliminating the numbers you know are not the one, and further if you know the time frame the texts happened.  Good luck.

0 Likes