SIM Failure & No Service ???
Ellie64

Can any one offer help with a 4S iphone that says "SIM Failure" when it comes off a night on the charging station? I also get "No Service" and since this is my only phone, it's very frustrating. After a visit to a Verizon store and an online chat with a Verizon rep, I have learned that rebooting the phone solves the problem for a couple of days -- then it happens again. The Verizon store tech guy told me I have too many apps open but I've checked with other iphone owners and I have WAY fewer apps than they do and they have no problem. BUT... the Verizon store person also told me "...just take the SIM card out and that will solve that problem". Yea -- right! Just anything for a quick solution. I think I need help from someone with tech experience. Other than this, the phone works great.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM Failure & No Service ???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card in the iPhone 4S is for global use only.  It isn't needed to function on the Verizon Wireless.  So taking out the SIM should remove the error. You should also check to verify the phone isn't trying to operate in Global mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card in the iPhone 4S is for global use only.  It isn't needed to function on the Verizon Wireless.  So taking out the SIM should remove the error. You should also check to verify the phone isn't trying to operate in Global mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As Ann suggested taking out the Sim should remove the error Code and since the phone is a 4s doing a * 228 send option ( 1 ) will refresh the phone..  Option ( 2 ) will update the your Phone  PRL = Preferred Roaming List

0 Likes