SMS messages not going through
jtardive

I recently bought an iPhone 6 after having a tracfone. I kept my tracfone number and I am with the more everything plan. But it seems that I can't send sms messages to anyone who is with a different network. It says the message sent but they never get it and I never get theirs. Also when I get an app that tries to send me an sms for verification I never receive it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS messages not going through
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you using iMessage or the standard Verizon message app?

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Make sure the option Send As SMS is turned on in settings-messages. By default is turned off. Also recommend setting the Keep Messages option to forever. Again not the default setting.

0 Likes
jtardive

I did that and it still doesn't work. I can send SMS messages fine to other Verizon customers.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
jtardive

I dont know. It is just called messages and it is green with a white speech bubble.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get those messages flowing in, jtardive. Is the issue happening with all incoming messages, or those from a specific party?  When you send a message, is it blue (iMessage) or green (text)? We are here to help.

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

For heavens sake, just call Apple Support at 800-922-0204 and support will walk you thru. There is so much about your iphone you are not telling us. Quit jerking us around and just call Apple. This is not even a senior rep issue.

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Here is another phone number to contact Apple support 800-275-2273

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Just call Apple. I suspect you do not even have a AppleID for iCloud set up yet. They will walk you thru. Unrestricted phones and Apple iOS is new to you.

0 Likes
jtardive

It seems to be only happening with people who are not with Verizon. The messages are green.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes