SPAM through vtext.com
Moe_1_1
Enthusiast - Level 1

SPAM THROUGH VERIZON.com

I've recently been hammered by spam emails with the extension VTEXT.COM.

Apparently, anyone who has acquired your Verizon cell number can use the Verizon Wireless website to send spam to our phones without a way for us to find out who they are.  I confirmed this method by sending one to myself through the Verizon Wireless website. 

Why Verizon doesn't have more stringent policies on this resource is beyond me.  Why would a company volunteer a place for spammers to hit their customers?  My suggestion is to attach a reference code or user code with every text through vtext (associated with the senders log in) so consumers have a way to report this spam activity. This would not be a difficult thing to do and it would be an easy way for the consumer to report SPAM so Verizon can shut down those responsible for misusing the service. 

If any of you know a way to block these messages I would be grateful to hear it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SPAM through vtext.com
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into your MyVerizon account online and use the service blocks to block all text messages from the web.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into your MyVerizon account online and use the service blocks to block all text messages from the web.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They wouldn't necessarily need to know your cell number; it could be robotexts.  You can forward spam texts to 7726 and reply to the return text you receive from Verizon.

If you want to block them, log into your on-line MyVerizon account, click the blue More Actions under I Want To, then under Safety and Security, click the blue Block Internet Spam.  Put a check next to Block All Text Messages Sent From the Web and Block All Text Messages Sent From Email and click Apply.

0 Likes
Moe_1_1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!

0 Likes
Flyingkidjoe

I have a possible solution. Create a “contact” in your phone. And in the email section. Only put “@“ symbol. Nothing else. Name contact as spam. And block contact. Seems to work on iPhone. Blanket blocks all emails to text messages. Someone will have to try android phones. 

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

0 Likes