Screen and GPS issues on iPhone 5
TMOON22

We received a certified iPhone 5 back in March '14 and the touchscreen constantly "acts up" either becoming nonresponsive or phantom typing even after a new iOS upgrade and multiple soft and hard resets.  Also, the GPS, when activating maps or an app like Map My Run needs to be calibrated every single time the app is started.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you fellow iPhoners and Verizon!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen and GPS issues on iPhone 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TMOON22,

I am so sorry to hear that your are having issues with your iPhone. By certified do you mean the device was purchased as a certified pre-owned device or was this a replacement device? Does the device have any physical or water damage? Was there an app or software update processed around the time these issues began?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TMOON22

It was a replacement and has had these issues since we received it.  The iPhone replaced a defective Nokia 928 (actually it replaced the third...yes third 928, that was defective).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about your phone issues TMOON22 but we are here to make sure its resolved. Did you check to make sure there were no software updates for  your phone via ITunes? Any recent updates may fix this issue. Which navigation app are you using? If a 3rd party app, try removing it and reinstalling that app. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes