Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Server Stopped Working message.
Carol7771
Enthusiast

I'm a smartphone dummy.  Just got my Iphone6 recently.  I'm trying to google something and I get the "safari couldn't open because the server stopped responding".  I don't even know if the server started or not....Help please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Server Stopped Working message.
MiiHere
Champion

Are you connected to Wi-Fi when this happens?

0 Likes
Carol7771
Enthusiast

Yes...my wifi is on.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion

But are you connected to it?

0 Likes
Carol7771
Enthusiast

I believe I am....in the iphone6 settings it shows the wifi on (green).

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion

Are you trying to connect to your own Wi-Fi? Did you go through the steps of selecting the Wi-Fi network you wanted to connect to, put in the password etc?

0 Likes
Carol7771
Enthusiast

Yes...I did.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion

Can you turn off Wi-Fi and then try and Google something in Safari.

0 Likes
Carol7771
Enthusiast

I tried it but got the same results.  Thanks anyway....I guess I'll go into the local Verizon store for help.  I appreciate your replies!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion

It's most likely a simple network fix like making sure everything is set properly and turned on. If you wanted to poke around on your phone you should look at Settings>Cellular and make sure data is on etc. They should also be able to help you at the store.

0 Likes