Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Signal booster needed?
reubenjames

I moved and cannot get a signal at my more remote location.  I cannot receive or send out phone calls, it registers phone call failed.  I do however receive text messages and email.  I have a strong WIFI signal but my Verizon service is not working.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal booster needed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Reubenjames,

Lets get your service working in your new home! I would like to check the area you're now residing in to see what kind of expected coverage you have. Would you mind providing me with your zip code please?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
reubenjames

The zip code is 34771.

Dia Dhuit!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

reubenjames,

Thank you for providing us your zipcode. I would love to make sure we provide you with accurate coverage information in regards to your new location. Please follow me and private message me so I can access your account to address your service issues fully. I look forward to hearing from you!

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
jtorrez

The last time I called verizon asking the same question this is what the operator gave me #228 to refresh the phone and get better signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for your input, jtorrez. I just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

If you have a 3G device, you would actually dial *228 option 2 to update the preferred roaming list (PRL). If you have a 4G device, you would power the phone off, remove/reinsert the SIM card and power the phone on again. This will also update the PRL since *228 will not work with 4G devices.

I hope that helps!

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes