Sim deactivated, but not unlocked :( Contract is long over though.. please help!!
Angeras

My verizon contract ended in March 2014, and after paying all my dues, I deactivated my sim from India..

I tried to put a new sim here in India, but it says my sim is not unlocked yet!! CAn you please help!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sim deactivated, but not unlocked :( Contract is long over though.. please help!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns with this, Angeras.  However, there are certain account qualifications to be met prior to unlocking a 3G SIM.  One being that the device must be active on a current Verizon Wireless line of service.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Sim deactivated, but not unlocked :( Contract is long over though.. please help!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're so sorry to have lost you as a valued customer Angeras. We only support the iPhone 4s for use with active accounts here in the U.S. Please contact your local carrier for device options.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Angeras

Local Carrier in India told me to unlock it from verizon first and then go to them.. Its also illegal for them to unlock the phone which is locked by other carriers!!

I am so disappointed with Verizon that even after paying my bills correctly.. (my number is 3392033441, pls chk my account details if interested) The customer rep that I spoke to for deactivation, just de-activated my phone, without unlocking... What is the purpose of contract then? as per contract, U will lock the sim til the contract is active., and once the contract is ended, dont you think its your duty to unlock the phone? Its a moral responsibility for verizon to do that.. Now after paying huge bills, I am unable to use my iphone that I got thru verizon!!  really disappointed n after paying so much money, I feel this should be reported as well!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns with this, Angeras.  However, there are certain account qualifications to be met prior to unlocking a 3G SIM.  One being that the device must be active on a current Verizon Wireless line of service.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes