Since I ordered my phone way before 3:01, why haven't I received a tracking number?
Brjac

I logged on to verizon at 2:30. I noticed that the buy now button was updated. I proceeded to order the 5s. After completing the order, I received my conformation email at 2:44. Like everyone else, it says it will ship by 9/24 but the expected ship date is 10/14. So today is the 24th and I still have not received a tracking number. I do not believe that verizon ships orders according to when it was placed because I noticed other customers that ordered after me have already received tracking numbers. What's up with that?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Since I ordered my phone way before 3:01, why haven't I received a tracking number?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps there is an issue with the order. Have you called customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to find out more?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Since I ordered my phone way before 3:01, why haven't I received a tracking number?
ryan32newman

I did the same thing thinking someone had thrown the switch early when the buy button appeared. My confirmation email arrived at 2:30 EST, literally seconds after I completed checking out. The gold 64gb 5s I ordered has shown a 9/24 ship date since Friday. At 11:30am today, Tuesday 24th, my card was charged by Verizon, but still no tracking. On Monday some posted that they had received their tracking numbers in the evening. Fingers crossed. Good luck!

0 Likes
Brjac
My card wasn't even charged yet
0 Likes
Brjac
I called the day I ordered and the lady on the phone told me it shows that I have ordered it and it would ship on the 24th.
0 Likes
ryan32newman

Sorry to hear you didn't get shipping confirmation today. It will be interesting to see if or what your ship date changes to after midnight. From what I've been told one's card will not be charged until the day it ships, some have indicated otherwise.

Brick stores get shipments in daily and I would guess the same happens for the online distribution centers. I would like to believe that Verizon is distributing the phones according to the first come first serve basis as supply allows. So even though you ordered before 3EST, the model (color/capacity/contract or no contract) you ordered is not yet in stock.  Who knows, you could be at the top of the list come tomorrow?

Not to brag, just an update on my order's progress so you know how things went down. My tracking number appeared this afternoon around 1pm on the confirmation check page. However, an email from Verizon didn't come till 4:15p. They shipped it Fedex 2 day, I had no choice of speed at checkout. I should be opening a gold 64gb 5s  Thursday afternoon and since I paid full price I'll still have unlimited data.

0 Likes
Brjac

Thanks for the encouragement because I was really upset earlier. I'm glad your phone is on the way. Let me know when it gets to you and tell me how you like it. I haven't seen the phone in person yet

0 Likes
StevenJH

It appears that Verizon is just shipping randomly to orders placed on September 20.  I ordered a grey 5S at 12:03 AM PST and just received a notification that the promised shipment date was moved from September 24, 2013, to October 7, 2013.  Some friends ordered a gold 5S at 1:15am and got notification that it had shipped today.  I don't know if I am more annoyed about the new date or the fact that Verizon doesn't seem to care one way or the other about the order in which the phones were ordered.  I would cancel the order but, since I will presumably stay with Verizon for the next two years anyway, I would rather have them subsidize a new phone than make a greater profit on the old one.

0 Likes
Brjac

I just checked my email too and received an email 30 minutes ago from verizon stating my shipping date is pushed back to the 7th as well. I really do not believe they take into consideration the times of the orders. In that case I could have just stayed asleep and not wake up early to order it. I could have waited. We are both in the same boat.

0 Likes