Slow 3G on iPhone
Peachtreecoder
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello - while I'm very impressed with Verizon and LTE speeds, I work in an area that will only allow 3G speeds - it's very slow 3G, though...I have an iPhone 6...could that be the problem? I don't know what to do!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow 3G on iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Peachtreecoder,

Let's get you back up to speed. We want you to have the service you deserve. Let us take a closer look.  Is your iPhones iOS up tp date? Send us your zip code to review your area.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Peachtreecoder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am running iOS 8.4.1. My zip is 30728 but the area I'm having trouble with is in 30739.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, Peachtreecoder! I am showing that this area does have 4G coverage. Please go to Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE, and be sure it is set to either Data Only or Voice and Data. Let us know if this resolve it!

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Peachtreecoder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, that's what I've done already. That area code (30739) has spots with 3G coverage only. At least admit that that is the best "coverage" I can get instead of recycling old tips from other posts.

Is there a "real" solution instead of turning celular data or resetting network settings and rebooting the phone? (A common answer, but it's never a solution - some customers still get crappy 3G or 1x speeds in certain areas.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want to ensure you get great service, Peachtreecoder. I'm glad to hear that the 4G data is enabled. To clarify, you are getting 4G service in this area, except for certain pockets with slower 3G or 1X coverage, is that correct? Can you share speeds you're experiencing when on 4G as well as 3G? You can use the speedtest.net app to find out.

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Peachtreecoder
Enthusiast - Level 1

Correct. 4G/LTE is somewhat spotty. I'm not getting any speed at all, which is what I meant by slow 3G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be quite frustrated as well! We need a few more details to find out how we can help. When you have the opportunity, please download the speedtest.net app & share the results that it provides in terms of the network rate. Has service worked better here in the past, or have you always had issues with it?

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Peachtreecoder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I won't be able to test it until Monday, but as far as speed goes, LTE works half the time, but then drops to 3G and is just slow or not working at all when it shifts into 3G mode. Thank you all for your help, I'll report back on Monday.

0 Likes
Peachtreecoder
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I'm at work, I can't get internet at all even though I get two bars and 3G (no LTE either).

When I run the Speedtest app by Ookla at my location, I get this message:

Finding best server

It stays with that message, until it times out:

Network communication issues

0 Likes