Static on other end when I talk
eujeankilt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought a new old stock iPhone 8 Plus and when I talk on a phone call everything is fine, but if I switch to speaker phone or Face Time, the person on the other end hears static when I talk. Is this a Verizon thing or is it an Apple problem? I wiped and restored the phone today and it seems better, but not gone.

Dale

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Static on other end when I talk
eujeankilt
Enthusiast - Level 2

This phone was brand new. I have since tested the mic with the Voice Record app and it has the static so the problem is a physical one with the speakerphone mic. I have initiated a return for the phone and will be getting a new replacement

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eujeankilt, congratulations on your new phone. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your device. If I understand correctly, when on a call through the phone, there is no static or issue with the phone connection and this only happens on speakerphone. If you attempt to watch a video or play music on the speaker do you also experience this? Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the phone? If the calls are undisturbed when using the phone, we know that the connection to the network is working fine. This would lead us to believe that there is an issue with the actual audio to the speaker.  LorenB_VZW  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eujeankilt
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the title of my post states, it's noise on the other end that happens, not on my end. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information.  Let's make sure we have all the details.  Has this phone been wet or damaged at all?  When did this first start?  Is this the only audio issue the phone is having?

0 Likes
eujeankilt
Enthusiast - Level 2

This phone was brand new. I have since tested the mic with the Voice Record app and it has the static so the problem is a physical one with the speakerphone mic. I have initiated a return for the phone and will be getting a new replacement

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello eujeankilt, we're glad to read that you're getting a replacement soon. Thank you for the update. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help with the activation. We'll be standing by. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes