Surf and Talk 5S?
prettysenshi2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will the iPhone 5S have the ability to surf on the internet while you are talking on the phone?

I know a lot of phone's have this capability, but I heard on the verizon edition of the iPhone you weren't able to do this?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Surf and Talk 5S?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there prettysenshi2,

I am so excited for the new iPhone 5s and I hope you are too! Due to the hardware of the iPhone 5s, it will only be able to complete simultaneous voice and data when connected to Wifi. As you mentioned, all of our other 4G LTE Android devices do have this option! If it's an important feature for you and you don't have Wifi access I would recommend comparing other devices here: http://bit.ly/nD0WuY

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought I saw something that says no it won't. I don't remember where.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there prettysenshi2,

I am so excited for the new iPhone 5s and I hope you are too! Due to the hardware of the iPhone 5s, it will only be able to complete simultaneous voice and data when connected to Wifi. As you mentioned, all of our other 4G LTE Android devices do have this option! If it's an important feature for you and you don't have Wifi access I would recommend comparing other devices here: http://bit.ly/nD0WuY

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
debuskjt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It won't. The Android devices that manage it for VZW do it by having two wireless transceivers: one for CDMA voice and one for data. This kills battery life and takes up space. Apple has made it clear it will not do this in the iPhone. iPhones will not be able to do simulanteous voice and data until VZW disables its CDMA voice network and migrates to LTE for their voice calls.

0 Likes