Swap Numbers
Scottcalvert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received my new Apple iPhone6 Plus but to get it I had to add a new line with a new number.  I want to put my old number on the new phone and transfer the new number to my old LG Lucid3.  Also traded in the old Apple iPhone4 that has my old number I want to put on the 6.  Can I do this all myself or do I need to go to a store and have it done for me?

3 phones. trading in one.  Keeping 2 w/ 2 numbers: One old and one new.

new i6 gets old number

old i4 has old number that goes to new i6.  (i4 is being traded in.)

Old broken LG Lucid 3 currently has no service.  It was transferred to the i4.  LG gets the new number.

Help please. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Swap Numbers
Tidbits
Legend

Yes but it would require an exTra Sim car which you can get from Verizon corporate store for free.

Weth
Legend

i hope it is worth it to pay for a line for 2 years just to get a phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scottcalvert,

We know how important it is to have your lines set up with the correct devices. You will be able to switch around your devices via your My Verizon account. Click the link for more info http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/activate-device-faqs/?lid=sayt&sayt=switch*

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Scottcalvert

Did you need a second line?  Otherwise you just spent $1200 for a $649 phone.

Scottcalvert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Broke my old phone. Still owed $199 for it. would have to replace it trade it in for only $80. Already paid $175 for it at the Verizon store but evidently that turned into hidden fees. I was screwed either way. Didn't have the buyout money for the old phone and couldn't get the code for the Iphone 4 until after buying the 6. Thanks for your "helpful" reply

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This happens to people all the time.  Verizon won't lay out all your options, they will just sell you a phone (even if it means paying for it twice)

You can always ask the community what your options are before they soak you for another $175.

There are still low cost phones out there, like under $200.  The Moto line for example.

I can't afford to pay for anything twice.  Heck, I can't afford to pay $649 once.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It was a helpful reply, especially if you would have come here first.  Opening a second line is a terrible option in almost every case.   There were other options that would not cost you so much.  You are stuck now.  Now it is helpful for others to avoid this terrible option. 

Scottcalvert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Locked in at $133 per month for 2 years on an LG Lucid and "Free" LG tablet.  I live in the country and needed the "free" hot spot since the only internet net provider jacked the rates to $60 per month.  Paid $175 cash to get into the LG phone.  Broke the phone which I wasn't happy with.   Had insurance with $100 deductible.  Verizon had a special where I could get the Apple6 Plus for $33 per month.  Thought I could give the old broken phone to my 80 year old mom who pays long distance and is afraid to call me in Arizona because of the price.  Friend gave me an Apple4 for free but it was locked and he couldn't remember the code and it was super tiny compared to what I was used to.  The Verizon store said that I would have to pay hundreds to add a phone or buy one.(At the time, my LG had a smashed screen, poor reception, didn't send emails and the camera had quit.  Only months earlier, has signed a 2 year contract and paid $175 for the LG Lucid.  To cancel I would have had to pay $375 and return the free tablet, fix the broken phone for another $100 and sell it back for $80.  Meantime I had no cash and a broken phone.  After visiting the Apple store in Tucson to get help with the pass code, which they couldn't help me with, I saw how wildly popular Apple was. I was sick of cheap phones since I had had crap phones since moving to AZ in the mountains where there is little reception.  Basically, they said I could add a line and get the phone I like to Buy a $700 phone in cash.   I opted for the easy monthly plan and the new fancy phone. 

0 Likes
Scottcalvert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting for my first bill but what I thought I was doing was adding a second line for $10 and buying an Apple I phone 6 Plus for 33 per month.  No I didn't need a second line but the Verizon store here said I needed hundreds of dollars to swap phones....which I didn't have.