Switching Phones
daniel8802

Hi All,

I own both an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4.

I would like to switch between phones -- how do I activate my iPhone 5 with deactivating my S4?
I would like to do this without having to call customer service each time, is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching Phones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need a nano SIM card for the iPhone 5 and a "nano to micro SIM card" adapter to switch between the two devices without getting a new SIM card each time you switch. You will also have to setup your voicemail system each and every time you switch between the iPhone and Android devices. Since the iPhone 5 uses a different voicemail system controlled by Apple, the voicemails won't carry over either and will be deleted if you had any saved.

You also can't switch more than four times in a billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
daniel8802

I already have a sim card in both phones.  My gs4 is already activate.  Is there a way to deactivate that and switch to the iphone 5 since I already have a sim in the iphone 5?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are for the same line, only one SIM card can be activated at a time. If the iPhone 5 SIM card is active, you don't need the other one if you have the adapter for the S4.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes