Switching phones
RevKent

Can I get an iPhone SE 32 in a Straight Talk packaging and use it with my Verizon service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help RevKent. I know how important it is to make sure your phone will work on a Postpaid VZW account. We're happy to help.

The iPhone SE is a 4G device, and 4G Prepaid devices are restricted to 1 month of fully funded use on Prepaid service. This does not mean that you must use the phone on prepaid service for a month, but a month's payment is necessary to unlock the phone. After the device is active and the 1 month/funded plan payment is processed it can take up to 48 hours for the device to be fully unlockedfor postpaid. Once it's unlocked it can be activated on a Postpaid account. 

Do you already have a VZW Postpaid account, or are you looking to start new service? We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you a Straight Talk customer/account holder?  Then yes. 

If you are a regular, post-paid Verizon account customer, then the Straight talk phone needs to be used on a pre-paid (Straight Talk) account for 6 months before you can use it on a post-paid account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help RevKent. I know how important it is to make sure your phone will work on a Postpaid VZW account. We're happy to help.

The iPhone SE is a 4G device, and 4G Prepaid devices are restricted to 1 month of fully funded use on Prepaid service. This does not mean that you must use the phone on prepaid service for a month, but a month's payment is necessary to unlock the phone. After the device is active and the 1 month/funded plan payment is processed it can take up to 48 hours for the device to be fully unlockedfor postpaid. Once it's unlocked it can be activated on a Postpaid account. 

Do you already have a VZW Postpaid account, or are you looking to start new service? We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

... The iPhone SE is a 4G device, and 4G Prepaid devices are restricted to 1 month of fully funded use on Prepaid service. This does not mean that you must use the phone on prepaid service for a month, but a month's payment is necessary to unlock the phone. After the device is active and the 1 month/funded plan payment is processed it can take up to 48 hours for the device to be fully unlockedfor postpaid. Once it's unlocked it can be activated on a Postpaid account.  If this is true, I stand corrected ...

0 Likes
RevKent

I have a Verizon Prepaid plan now on my current phone. I saw an iPhone SE in Straight Talk packaging and wondered if I can use the iPhone SE from Straight Talk under my Verizon Prepaid plan.

0 Likes