Switching to another phone company?
teco221

so I should just switch phone company to avoid so called "Upgrade fee"?  I am loyal to "Apple" not "Verizon".

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching to another phone company?
Not applicable

Verizon upgrade fee $30

AT&T $38 activation fee

Sprint $36 activation fee.

T-Mobile $38 activation fee.

So you either pay the upgrade fee, activation fee at other carriers.

Or pay $800 full price for the iPhone

Your choice

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon upgrade fee $30

AT&T $38 activation fee

Sprint $36 activation fee.

T-Mobile $38 activation fee.

So you either pay the upgrade fee, activation fee at other carriers.

Or pay $800 full price for the iPhone

Your choice

0 Likes
teco221

That's right because you just make the choice easier now.  Regardless I switch or NOT now I have to pay someone some kind of fee, so why not choose a company they will treat me right like a customer.  In 2 years, I have to pay thousands of dollars, so between 30 to 38 dollars, not much different.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Avoiding a upgrade fee seems like a strange reason to leave a company... Especially if their service has served you well.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sprint has terrible service, T-Mobile not much better. AT&T is almost equal to Verizon. You are not looking at $8 in difference. You have to pay hundreds for new phones, and get worst customer service.

Good Luck at whom ever you go to.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Loquat wrote:

Avoiding a upgrade fee seems like a strange reason to leave a company... Especially if their service has served you well.

I certainly agree with this statement. Obviously there must be ADDITIONAL reasons you are making the switch and it is NOT the upgrade fee if you are going to be moving to another company with LARGER upgrade/activation fees.

Regardless, you should go with the provider which best suits your needs.Smiley Happy