TERRIBLE support
Hgoldman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have (at best) one bar on my iPhone 7. I have called repeatedly and FINLAY I was given a network extender. It came in two days ago. I went through the setup and IT WORKED....briefly.

Next AM, no connection to the network extender. I tried everything I could find here on the boards. No help. As a last resort, I called support. After a 2+ hour wait, I gave up.

Today I called support again. Got through in <10 min. Tier one couldn't help. They passed me to tier 2. I started going through all the items the gentleman requested. Suddenly, he just put me on hold. No 'do you mind', no nothing. Just support hold 'music'. One hour plus later the call disconnected. (I have one bar. The fact that I was able to stay on the phone that long is amazing.)

I called back. No one is answering.

I went to the support website and scheduled a callback. Nothing. No call. 

It seems support's motto is now "How do you keep a fool in suspense?" (I'll tell you later)

Not that I expect support, all I really expect from Verizon is terrible service and lots of bills. BUT the least you could do is TRY to do support instead of pretending.

Overall on a scale of 1-10, I would rate Verizon support a solid 0. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TERRIBLE support
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there. Reading your experience is disheartening, as this is never what we want you to go through. You should always receive top-notch support from us, regardless of the platform, and we want to turn this around for you. Please tell us, is the Network Extender near a window? Is it on a ground floor, or a second, third, etc. floor? Do you have an External GPS Antenna installed on the Network Extender?

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
Hgoldman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the network extender is near a window and I am using the extra cable to put the antenna on the window sill.

I have continued to call Verizon. I was able to get through once or twice and request a call back. Since I have virtually no connection, that was a waste of time. The calls came in. My phone didn't even ring.

I finally spoke with someone at L1. I explained that I have a network extender issue and need L2 support. She wouldn't put me through until I spent almost five minutes answering questions that had little to no relevance. Eventually I got to L2 where the person decided the extender must be faulty and is sending me a new one.

I have not yet received it, but it might come in today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hgoldman, we value your time, and are sorry you are having trouble with your Network Extender. We're glad to hear we were able to assist with a replacement. The following link will help you track your order:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/cust/orderStatusIndex#/

Once the new Extender arrives, we can always assist with the set up. Alternatively the following link will also do the trick: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes