Technical Issues
sandyvpi

My Iphone 5 quit sending and receiving phone calls and my previous phone (Android Bionic) started receiving the calls.  I did not deactivate or reactivate either device myself.  How do I undo this and why did this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Technical Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sandyvpi wrote:

The problem is I gave the Bionic to my grandson and he uses it with Wifi in school and at home.  I feel that since I paid good money for the Bionic, why do I have to basically throw it away.  I have never had this problem before when I have upgraded my phones.  I want to know what can be done with the Bionic since I had the number cancelled on that phone when I turned on my Iphone.

Sandy

Private info removed by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Did you remember to remove the SIM card from the Bionic? Once removed it is impossible to the Bionic to receive and make calls except for emergency 911 calls.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have a very simple solution for you, sandyvpi! Please turn off your old device. Calls will then be delivered to your iPhone. Test out and let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sandyvpi

The problem is I gave the Bionic to my grandson and he uses it with Wifi in school and at home.  I feel that since I paid good money for the Bionic, why do I have to basically throw it away.  I have never had this problem before when I have upgraded my phones.  I want to know what can be done with the Bionic since I had the number cancelled on that phone when I turned on my Iphone.

Sandy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandyvpi,

Understood completely. Ultimately, this is occurring because your old Bionic, in a sense, believes it is still attached to your phone number. For optimal use of the Bionic as well as your device, we'd recommend a hard reset to clear your information from the phone http://vz.to/1c1yt5Y . However, we cannot guarantee once this is complete that the activation screen can be bypassed for use on only Wi-Fi networks.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sandyvpi wrote:

Sandy

Did you remember to remove the SIM card from the Bionic? Once removed it is impossible to the Bionic to receive and make calls except for emergency 911 calls.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes