Text & Calls not going through
JenniferAS

My daughter is not able to get my iMessages or my calls. we both have iPhones and updated them. No problems with the other phone lines on my plan. Her texts to me are coming from her yahoo email account. How do I correct this?  I am not blocked on her phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text & Calls not going through
parkmesalisa

I have the same problem, but NO calls or texts are going through. Email works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JenniferAS! Let's get you back the service you deserve. How long ago did you update your software? What happens when you try to make a call or send an iMessage? Are you receiving any error messages? Is this happening everywhere or what is the affected zip code? Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
All-electric

I've had it!  We have dealt with tech on several occasions; pushed all sorts of buttons; gone through many exercises.  We have missed two medical emergency calls and one traffic emergency call, the latest this morning.  Verizon is generally very good, but a phone that does not handle emergencies is not worth owning.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like her texts (the ones that show her email address) are using her Apple ID. She can turn that off by going in to Settings, FaceTime (seems odd but it's correct), and making sure her caller ID is set to her phone number. As far as everything else...what has been tried to fix the issue? I know you said the iOS is up to date. Have you reset network settings? Have you contacted Apple support if Verizon tech support hasn't been helpful?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sorry just realized you're not even the OP.

0 Likes
All-electric

You're right; I'm "not even" the original poster! Just another disgusted user of a crummy service, expressing that same view.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sorry if you took it the wrong way but my replies were based off of what I thought all applied to the OP. Hence the mention of the email address showing on the caller ID. You may need to start your own thread and be clear about what you're experiencing...and what you have already tried. We're mostly customers replying on here since this is a peer to peer community and not what some seem to think of as a full scale tech support site.

0 Likes
Knight_vision4u

If your phone went into "low power" mode under your battery screen turn it off. I had the same problem for the past thirty minutes and could not receive any calls. I turned low power mode off and I began receiving calls again. Hope it helps. And be civil to each other please.

0 Likes
All-electric

Who are you?

0 Likes