Text history not showing for 1 line, why?
BPJR14

1 of my devices, iPhone 6s not all the text history is showing. I know the the line uses at least 300 texts a month and the past 2 months only a few show up. This month only 24 showed upon the history, any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text history not showing for 1 line, why?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming you're referring to the text logs/history via your My Verizon account?  If so, only texts that are sent via Verizon's servers are shown in the text logs, so any that are sent via other means, like iMessages, for example, will not be on the logs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly a lot of missing messages, BPJR14. I'm sure we'll figure this out. Are most of the messages that are not showing in history messages with other Apple device users? Our friend, tikibar1, had a very good suggestion. Since iMessages don't go through the Verizon Wireless services, those messages won't show as text through My Verizon. To test this theory, try to take a look at the phone's text history on the device directly. Text will show in green and iMessages will show in blue. Those messages in green should match up with those few messages you show in My Verizon.Are you seeing any green messages missing in My Verizon?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BPJR14

I have 3 phones, all iPhone 6s, and the other 2 lines show all texts. Just this one line

0 Likes
BPJR14

P.s the 2 other phones have iMessage on and the line in question always did show all until about 2 months ago

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking into those settings, BPJR14. That is certainly puzzling. None of those 3 phones should reflect text sent as iMessage when looking into My Verizon. Are you noticing a pattern to the messages that are not showing in My Verizon? Do they seem to be from particular contacts or with certain carriers, perhaps? Do you recall any change to the line 2 months ago when this began?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BPJR14

All three lines have always recorded and I know this because I could see texts between phones in the past. Using iMessage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's really puzzling, BPJR14. The Verizon Wireless system does not keep record of iMessages so they should not be showing up. I'd like to dive deeper into this with you and have sent a Private Message here in the forum. Please log into https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to get started.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes