Text message issue
Mk1231

When I text from my iPhone to my friends android phone my message does not match what appears on her screen. We both have verizon. By the time my message gets to her screen it seems to have attached old texts from months ago or even years ago. It seems to grab verbiage and go with my text. This does not happen with anyone else I text. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text message issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mk1231. What a strange issue! Does this happen everytime you send them a message? Does your friend experience this with any of their contacts that use iPhones, or just yourself? One step you can take to troubleshoot this is delete the entire message thread you have with your friend and have them try the same. After deleting, the message thread try sending each other multiple messages to see if there is improvement. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mk1231

It only happens randomly. It does it happen to anyone else I text who has androids or iPhones. She does not have this issue with anyone else she texts. I still don't trust trying the thread deletion enough to send her anymore messages. I will just FB message her or use the old fashioned telephone if we need to talk. Also I am unsure if it's pulling old texts from her and I or old texts I have sent other friends. It is so strange!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mk1231,

I can see how that would be strange. However, giving the deletion of the message thread is something to consider as a possible solution to as I have heard Facebook reps suggest this action. This gives you a fresh start with the messaging process with her in consideration to the issue. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes