Text messaging Problems
Stlcustomer

Recently my partner and I have upgraded our iPhone 4S to both iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4.

We discovered that SMS between these two phones does not work and finally my partner managed to figure out the solution and we managed to rectify the pain of no being able to text each other or with other phones users.

Is there any possibility that mobile phones producers or providers can come up with some application, or when manufacturing, ensure that all phones can actually send SMS, MMS, iMessages, and any other communication apps with each other.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging Problems
rcschnoor
Legend

Stlcustomer wrote:

Is there any possibility that mobile phones producers or providers can come up with some application, or when manufacturing, ensure that all phones can actually send SMS, MMS, iMessages, and any other communication apps with each other.

First of all, ALL PHONE PRODUCERS already do have phones which can actually send/receive SMS and MMS messages.

Apple, in their wisdom, has decided it is better to bypass the SMS/MMS infrastructure which is available to ALL phone manufacturers in favor of their proprietary iMessage system. This is not a problem if you NEVER leave the Apple family of phones, however if you DO leave in favor of a different phone and DO NOT disable iMessage on your old iPhone, then Apple will still consider your phone number to be an active iMessage participant. ALL Apple phones with iMessage activated on them will then only attempt to deliver a message to your new, non-Apple phone via the iMessage system which IS NOT available on other brands of phones.

To keep this from happening, DON'T use a messaging system which is ONLY available to 1 brand of phone. Use the cross-platform stock SMS/MMS system which is available to ALL manufacturers.Smiley Happy

0 Likes