Texts not going through for a certain contact?
ProRay298

Over a few months and 2 phones, one day my texts to and from one of my friends were no longer being received.  Even though the messages are marked as delivered, I cannot get texts from her, she cannot get texts from me.  This began on my old phone, a Samsung Intensity, but when I upgraded to an iPhone 5c last month, nothing changed.  iMessage and SMS both do not work for us, but as far as I know, it works for most if not all other contacts.  Is there a solution for this?  This problem has gone on long enough.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Texts not going through for a certain contact?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ProRay298,

We want you to be able to text all your friends! Are you able to call your friend with out an issue? Have you tried to remove the contact information of your friend and re-add then try and send the text again? Let us know if this works.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ProRay298

Sorry for the delay, I tried calling and recreating the contact, according to my friend neither of them worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for following up, ProRay298. Does your friend also have an iPhone? If so, please have her check her blocked contacts by going to Settings>Phone>Blocked and make sure you are not listed. Is it possible that she shares her Apple ID with another iPhone? Please also try disabling your iMessage by going to Settings>Messages and switching iMessage to off. Keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes