This is a Joke
ctmedic09

So I am patiently as possible waiting for my iPhone 5 as everyone else and checking on the tracking status.  As of today is states a guaranteed delivery by 430 pm tomorrow.  I called FedEx to see if they could hold it for pick up so that I could get it before having to go to work for the weekend.  The response I got made things worse, not better.  The woman from FedEx said that NONE of the iPhone 5s can go out for pick up until 3 pm EST and cannot be held for delivery.  She said this was a stipulation from Verizon.  So anyone expecting to get your iPhone in the morning or early afternoon, good luck, according to FedEx it is not going to happen.  I did call Verizon and speak with a Supervisor who is currently trying to contact FedEx on my behalf to arrange a hold for pick up but I am not holding my breath.  I would encourage you all to call FedEx and request your actual delivery time, I was told 8 pm for mine even though on my status it stated very clearly 4:30 pm.  Got to love dirty business practices.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This is a Joke
SSPhilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Surely you misunderstood, or spoke with someone who was not clear. There's not even a chance that they won't start delivering until 3pm. They would end up paying drivers OT if that was the case, since you're suggesting that they're extending their workday by about 7 hours. And they can hold a package once a delivery attempt has been made, but not before. That is FedEx's policy, always has been.

I am anxious like anyone else, but everyone that is freaking out about this is taking valuable minutes off of their lives by stressing about something that cannot be controlled.

0 Likes
ctmedic09

Part of the agreement with FedEx is that the shipments of the phones will not disrupt their day to day.  I spoke with the corporate resolution team at FedEx and then at Verizon.  If I were you I would call FedEx.

0 Likes
soodyhoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are probably just covering their butts so that if it's delivered late, you can't say they didn't tell you so. I posted a FedEx Release Form a couple of days ago that might be helpful to you. This form allows the delivery man to leave your package in a designated location, even if you are not there to sign for it. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
jabc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree with you here Philly. My status currently says BY 3 PM tomorrow afternoon. Im willing to bet the CSR either misspoke and said they won't be shipped (meant to say delivered) until 3 or they really had no idea what they were saying. Ctmedic, I wouldn't worry too much... I'd expect the phone to be delivered by 4:30 PM tomorrow afternoon 🙂

0 Likes
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is not true. UPS will not hold until after the first attempt. Fedex will - but certain for certain deliveries the request for a hold must come from the shipper.

Don't know about Verizon and Fedex, but when I pre-ordered my new iPad from Apple, I called Fedex and asked for it to be held at the location, and they did it BEFORE it was attempted once.

0 Likes
ctmedic09

I am just trying to provide the information I got, instead of arguing it why dont you call FedEx and see for yourselves.  I could care less when you guys get your phones, I just wanted to share the information with you so you were not expecting a first thing in the AM delivery.  They told me point blank that they will not go out for delivery until after 3pm

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

okay first off there is no reason for giant red letters it comes off as rude.. and the fed ex person probably meant deliver by not starting to deliver then.. fed ex isnt going to wait all day to deliver things its not fed ex's job to know what's in the package its just a package they need to deliver

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Relax there Medic. First off, this is a huge release and FedEx is doing all they can I am sure. Of course they will have some late deliveries but from the beginning we have known the release of the phone is 9/21 (tomorrow). The FedEx tracking has noted delivery by 4:30pm for the past couple days for most (at least it has for me) so let the trucks get on the road and start delivering before going off. In most instances, FedEx won't hold deliveries at their local hub until after at least one attempt is made (if the original terms were for delivery and not pickup). You are trying to circumvent the delivery and get yours early on the day of and that would just throw a wrench in their process for tomorrow and likely make things even more confusing the the hub staff, drivers, warehouse sorters, etc. Just hold back a bit and if you can be around for their 430pm delivery then that's good but if not, it's not their fault they can't deliver early for you since their original terms are by 430pm. Chances are many people will receive theirs sooner and many other later tomorrow evening but FedEx will do their best considering the stress they are going through with iphone 5 and so many people not being patient and just let them do their job as best they can.

At the end of the day, the delivery may be the holy grail and most important delivery in life but to them (just as Josh above said) it's just another package they have to deliver along with their truck load of other boxes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no dirty business here ctmedic09. With the huge demand for iPhone 5, many FedEx locations may have been a bit overwhelmed with extra packages from us. I do hope everything went smoothly with your iPhone delivery last Friday and I hope you are enjoying your new iPhone.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes