This phone is using extrem amounts of data overage?
Concetta50

TThis phone has just started to use extreme amounts of data, 30 gigs a month compared to previous 17 gigs

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: This phone is using extrem amounts of data overage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Concetta50,

We are so glad that you have reached out to us here, because help is our middle name. I would certainly be wondering the same thing about my data usage if I started to see this increase. Let’s work together to get a handle on this situation. What make & model phone do you have? Do you ever have your phone hooked to a wifi connection? What do you use your phone for data wise? Apps? Surfing the web? Watching videos? Please share as many details that you can.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: This phone is using extrem amounts of data overage?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an iPhone (I assume you do, as you posted here in the Apple space) and it recently received an update to the OS, check to see that WiFi assist is turned OFF.  WiFi Assist is a (not so) "helpful feature that chooses the strongest signal for you automatically, and if cellular happens to be the one, it will shut off your WiFi and use your cellular data.  Turn it OFF to maintain control of your connection.