Touch screen seems to be not working....triple click home button
BeerInn

FYI:

The default on the 4s with VZW is set so that if you triple click the home button, it's like you touchscreen doesn't really work (can't enter your pass code, icons get a ring around them, but don't really open apps (easily), scrolling doesn't work  etc).

It's a 'feature' in IOS 5 (i guess)  if you triple click the home button, it puts the phone into a VoiceOver mode.

Triple click (home button) to get back out of it  ...and you can turn it off in:

Settings -> General (go to bottom) -> Accessibility (scroll to bottom again) -> Triple-click  then turn it off if you want to.

Wife is on sprint and her's isn't set that way by default.  

Thanks to a VZW support guy at one of the VZW stores for figuring it out (late service bulliten sent out from Verizon at 4:30pm ( ish) yesterday  ...they've had quite a few pple not think their phone is broken (like me).

Hope that helps any other frustrated 4s folks (like I was)!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Touch screen seems to be not working....triple click home button
jen8756

This same thing is happening with mine!  I can see text message and other notifications, but it won't let me enter my passcode to unlock.  You can see the keys being pressed but its like its not registering on the screen.  I went to the Verizon store last night and they are sending me a new phone.  I will have to check this when I get home to see if that trick fixes it.

Thanks for posting!

0 Likes