Trade In Program
kmarine

I have had the absolute worst experience of my life using the Verizon Trade in Program. I came back to Verizon as a return customer in October 2014 expecting to get the same great customer experience I had previously when I was a customer and boy was I wrong. I started the trade in process for my old iphone in mid October and have yet to receive my $300 gift card as promised. I received the original email stating they received my device and that was the last communication. I went online to check my status in November and it said my trade in was approved. I have now called the trade in number 4 times and spoken to a manager, submitted a complaint through their online system, and also called the main Verizon customer service line and logged a complaint. The only response I receive is they will send it out again and I just have to wait. Why not continue to wait its only been 4 months! My boyfriend who is also on my plan received his gift card after 1 month so I'm wondering what the problem is. Ridiculous. I cannot get a single person to help me. I have been in customer service for years and to get this kind of service from a company is completely offensive. This week I decided to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and contacted my attorney for assistance. The bottom line is I want my phone back or the gift card. I went through the program because I thought it would be quicker and easier than selling the phone myself. Big mistake. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you get it resolved? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade In Program
JLC757
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are not alone.

Re: Verizon Trade In Program Failure

I mailed a phone in on 25 Nov and on 5 DEC received an email that they received it and nothing since.  All the status checks on line and with their trade in Customer Service say they never received it.

Twice I was told all they could do was elevate my issue and I would receive an email status in 72 hours.  Neither time  I got a response.    The last time, they told me I had to wait 2 – 6 weeks for a response to elevation of my issue.

Verizon Customer service response was to tell me there was nothing they could do and contact the trade in customer service - despite me telling them the trade in customer service has been unresponsive.

Verizon and their trade-in subcontractor keeps you powerless to do anything and continue to hold us hostage with no recourse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmarine,

We absolutely want to make sure you receive your gift card! That is very important! When you spoke to the trade in team, did they show that the gift card had been previously sent out? Did we confirm the correct address was in place to send the gift card to?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLC757,
I don't want you to have to wonder about the status of your trade in any longer. Although trade in requests and inquiries need to be handled by the trade in team, I want to be sure to point you in the right direction. How long ago has it been since the last communication with the Trade In Department? Do you still have the tracking information?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

I had the same problem.  I took mine to the store and they gave me the gift card right there.  Your best bet is to call your local store and ask them if they give the gift card right there.

0 Likes
JLC757
Enthusiast - Level 1

I last talked to the Trade-in 4 Feb, to a supervisor, who told me all they could do once again is escalate my issue and this time, rather than hearing back within 72 hours (which never happened the previous 4 times) I would have to wait 2 - 6 weeks longer for a response.  That is on top of the 9 weeks I've already waited since I got the email saying my phone was received.  The tracking number is  (removed).  A copy of the email I received telling me they received it is attached.  Since then, both on line and in talking to the Trade in Customer Support, they tell me they have not received my phone yet.

>> Edited by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
kmarine

I am so sorry to hear that you have had a similar experience. It is so frustrating and just as you said I feel powerless. I have received a phone call from the Verizon Executive Office regarding my complaint and they said they would be in contact with me in 24-48 hours which would be Monday afternoon. I am hoping that gets me somewhere. I'll let you know what happens but if you do not receive the assistance needed from this forum that is another route to possibly pursue.

0 Likes
kmarine

Hello Andrew,

They did say that it had been sent out in December and since then they have resent the gift card 3 times but they say it can take up to 6 weeks each time which makes absolutely no sense since this is an email gift card. The only time I received a shorter time frame was in response to an email through the trade in website and they said I should have it in 2 days but it has been almost 3 weeks since then and I have checked my regular and junk mail daily. Each time I have spoken to a representative they have confirmed that they have the correct email address. It just doesn't make sense to me how I could receive the initial email stating they received my device but nothing since then even when it was approved. I have checked my regular and junk mail on a daily basis.

0 Likes
kmarine

Thanks Hazel_Eyes_4_U! I will try that next. My only concern is that I went through an independent contractor that sells Verizon phones and plans so I'm not sure if they will be able to assist me. I will try anything at this point though. I REALLY appreciate your advice!

0 Likes

I've had an even worse experience. I sent my phone in on Sept 25 for trade in. Online they say it hasn't been received, I called back in December and was told it had been received but hadn't been processed. Called again last week, just said again they'd escalate it.

At this point I've decided to file a BBB complaint, and I suggest you all do the same. I've never had such a horrible experience with a program such as this. we are approaching FIVE MONTHS since I sent this phone in. At this point, I'm assuming it's been lost or stolen.

0 Likes