Trade in Issues
HOLBIN82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Has anyone else had issues with the trade program? I traded in a phone at the end of last year which as recived and determined that "Expected device matches received device" but Verizon has never paid me out for the trade in. I've talked to customer service and they have said the money will be paid over and over. I've tried to contact the trade in customer service line and the wait time is CRAZY. Is this a lost cause because this has been very upsetting! Considering leaving verizon when I've paid off my new phone because this is ridiculous. 

Labels (1)
Re: Trade in Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that this Trade situation gets resolved and that you get what you were promised. I will send you a Private Message so we can get some additional information. 

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
HOLBIN82
Enthusiast - Level 2

So an update:

- Verizon customer service has said they would contact me but then claim they can't get ahold of me...

- I've tried to contact the trade-in line. In the total of the four times I have called I have spent over an hour on hold, was connected to a rep a total of once and then the call was dropped.

So I've wasted a bunch of time and got nowhere. This is some of the worst customer support I've ever recived! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize to hear that you feel this way. Our goal is for you to get this resolved. Please reach out to our Trade In Team you can contact them here: 800-416-8894, Sat-Sun8:00AM - 9:00PM Local TimeMon-Fri7:00AM - 9:00PM Local Time. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
gracecart
Enthusiast - Level 1

The ABSOLUTE WORST experience I have ever had with Verizon.  I, too, traded in two phones in February after a Black Friday promotion they were running.  it is now June, i have called at least TEN TIMES - every single rep (after a ridiculous wait time) sends me all over the place and i have to repeat my issue every single time.  I have been bounced around from rebate center to trade in center, every time repeating my story.  

I am convinced they are doing this so that we give up and no longer ask for the credits.  but i refuse to let this go - i was promised trade in credits and i will not rest until i get them.

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 25 years and I am simply disgusted to the point of where I will leave if this doesn't get resolved.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the service and experience you need and deserve is important, and we are here to assist you. Please meet us in a Private Message for assistance. We will stand by. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
muellecl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same exact experience. Traded in a phone in February, but have yet to receive the trade-in credit applied to my account. I have talked to multiple reps, plus a manager who said it was all taken care of at the beginning of June, but that was obviously a lie. I also upgraded two phones in April, one of which actually got the upgrade trade-in credit applied and the other that has not.

I followed up again the other day and was told I had to speak to someone in the trade-in department. Finally had some time to play the waiting game on the phone today, only to never get through (after 5 tires) because they are having 'technical difficulties'!

I too have been a Verizon customer for nearly 25 years and am seriously considering finding a new wireless provider as the phones on the account get paid off!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, muellecl1. We are sending you a Private Note to continue. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
gracecart
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
gus2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am beyond irritated with Verizon and I just switched to them from TMobile. I had a iPhone 8Plus. Went into an actual store to do the switch over because I was moving to an existing family plan. The phone was in great shape...no scratches, etc. The guy at the store looked at it and said I would get $850 for the trade and also said to get that amount, I had to get the iPhone 11 Pro which is more expensive than the one I was originally looking at. I was also originally just going to keep the 8Plus and stick with him but was talked into the trade. The guy gives me a box, tells me to clear my phone and send it back. I confirmed they received it and it says "Device received. Expected device matches received device." I still hadn't seen any credits on my bill but they did say it could take two billing cycles. I call yesterday and was told my phone had a crack in the edge of the screen which it absolutely didn't have when I sent back. They sent me pics and said I should have packaged it better. How about you give your customers the shipping stuff that will actually protect their items? I would never send a broken phone back thinking I would get $850 for it. After an hour on the phone with two different people at Verizon, I was offered "fair market value" for it (roughly $100) or would have to fill out a claim with UPS. The original appraisal was $35.42/month for 24 months and they gave me $2.96/month instead. The woman said that if I had done the trade in store this wouldn't have been an issue but they aren't allowing that now due to covid. How is this ok? How are we as customers even protected here? This makes no sense at all and is the WORST experience and I have spent hours on the phone trying to figure this out. Now UPS (after also an hour on the phone) said that because the label came from Verizon, if I do a claim, the money would go back to them and not to me. Give me a BREAK! This is inexcusable and I want a solution. I am frankly being penalized for a cruddy system.